Foods That KILL Testosterone – Which Ones Should You Avoid?
Understanding and knowing which power foods are the best for increasing T is only half of the equation from a dietary consumption perspective.
The other half of the equation is to understand which foods are actually killing your T levels by producing excess estrogen.
At a high level you want to stay away from pre-packaged foods as much as possible. Why? Because all the additives and preservatives they use in them are highly estrogenic.
Shift your eating to whole organic foods as much as possible. The biggest dangerous category of foods is sugar (drinks, snacks, and junk food). The next most dangerous category is simple carbs (refined starches with no real natural fiber).
The last category is soy (imitation meat, meat fillers, stews, replacement meals).
Guys, one of the major problems in today's world has to do with the massive increase of estrogen in our diets!
One of the big reasons for this has to do with all the hormones, pesticides, and chemicals we put in almost everything we eat nowadays!
And just so we're all on the same page, estrogen is a testosterone killer!
Not only is estrogen in some foods that most of us eat everyday, but estrogen is also in things that we might not even think about like the plastic in the water bottles we drink out of or the plastic containers that we microwave our leftovers in.
Particularly when plastic gets heated, it releases estrogen filled BPA which goes straight into our bodies, and the sad fact is that most of don't even know we're doing this to ourselves.
Top 5 Testosterone Killing Foods To Avoid
- Soy – it mimics estrogen and has the same testosterone killing effects as estrogen. Most soy today is genetically modified.
- Sugar – not only is sugar bad for you in almost every way, but now it also leads to massive increases in estrogen
- Simple Carbohydrates – your typical junk-food carbs like donuts, cookies, crackers, etc. Why? These carbs turn directly to sugar.
- Milk (non-organic) – contains nearly 20 medications and chemicals that increase estrogen
- Meats (non-organic) – have all kinds of steroids and other chemicals in them. Just look for grass fed organic meats, since meats can be an awesome testosterone boosting food!
Top Estrogen-Blocking Foods
Along with targeting foods that increase testosterone, you also need to know what foods are really good at BLOCKING ESTROGEN.
Here's a short list of foods that are excellent at blocking the testosterone killer -> Estrogen.
- Cruciferous Vegetables – One of the best ways to block estrogen is by eating cruciferous vegetables. This type of food has a high level of phytochemicals and works to block estrogen production. Broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, collard greens, rutabagas, etc.
- Mushrooms – work to block estrogen in the body. They have been known to prevent the production of an enzyme called aromatase. Aromatase is responsible for converting androgen into estrogen.
- Red Grapes – their skin contains a chemical called resveratrol and their seeds contain a chemical called proanthocyanidin. Both of these chemicals are good at blocking estrogen production.
- Seeds – certain seeds like chia, sesame, and flax contain something called polyphenols. These are found in plants and they have been shown to reduce estrogen levels in the bloodstream.
- Green Tea – not only does it aid in other areas including cholesterol reduction and hypertension reduction, but it also has phytochemicals which reduce estrogen.
- Pomegranates – another food that is high in phytochemicals and thus, they have excellent estrogen-blocking properties.
Symptoms Of High Estrogen Levels In Men
- Gynecomastia/Male breast growth
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Problems
- Weight Gain
- Low Libido
- Stroke Risk
- Cardiac Disease
- More Feminine Characteristics
The increase of estrogen in your body is nothing to play with.
It needs to be taken seriously, because there are some serious issues associated with elevated levels of estrogen.
Video Tip: Estrogen Rich Foods To Avoid
I found this great video on foods that increase estrogen and what the health implications are.
Dr. Josh Axe is a doctor, clinical nutritionist, syndicated radio host, author, speaker, and has been featured on a number of broadcast networks!
Create The Natural Testosterone Boosting Snowball Effect
I say this in most of my articles and reviews because I really want to drive this point home and that is, making sure you have the best natural test boosting supplements is a major and integral part of your overall health and fitness strategy, but it’s not the ONLY one.
You really need to make it a goal to harness and employ as many strategies as you can to improve your health and fitness.
When you do, it becomes a booster snowball effect of sorts, and the overall impact becomes even greater, and that’s really what we’re looking for!
Hopefully you can see how when you make adjustments in your diet and eat more foods that boost testosterone, more foods that block estrogen, and eat less foods that increase estrogen – that is like hitting the TURBO CHARGE button when you combine dietary changes with incredible POWER and PERFORMANCE of test booster like Prime Male.