Cellucor P6 Extreme Summary
Cellucor is well known in the health & fitness category of supplements. They have all kinds of products in the marketplace like pre/post/intra workout supplements, testosterone boosters, etc. They have a pretty good reputation overall, but in our opinion they really missed the mark with P6 Extreme. It's marketed as a 3-in-1 product that increases testosterone, inhibits estrogen, and reduces DHT. Frankly, the ingredients list really left us scratching our heads. Not a single proven testosterone boosting ingredient. Not to mention you get no individual dosage levels for any of the ingredients. Throw a ridiculous price tag on top it (almost $100), and it leaves you wondering why anyone would buy this product. Not recommended
- Could experience some level of increased libido
- Could experience a bump in energy levels
- Not one single known ingredient that has been proven to boost testosterone
- Too many of the most powerful and proven testosterone boosting ingredients were missing
- Proprietary blend doesn't allow you to see any of the individual ingredient dosages
- Only a few ingredients that are actually scientifically proven to increase testosterone
- At best, only average product reviews and customer feedback
- The most expensive test booster we've ever reviewed
Overall Rating 2 out of 5 stars
Cellucor P6 Extreme Review Summary
Unfortunately we found this 3-in-1 product to be below average. On the plus side, P6 has a good number of overall ingredients, but that doesn't matter if the ingredients are not properly dosed.
That's the problem with this product. They don't tell you how much of each individual ingredient you are getting so you have no way of knowing if you are getting enough of any particular ingredient to actually do the job of boosting your testosterone.
The "blend" of ingredients with no individual dosages are show stoppers for this product unfortunately.
P6 Extreme Product Overview
Cellucor is a well known powerhouse in the bodybuilding and performance enhancing supplement industry. They have an entire line of muscle building supplements and other related products, so it’s no surprise that they have put together a test booster to add to their line, and it’s called P6 Extreme. Let’s check out if it ranks as one of the best test boosters on the market.
Cellucor developed P6 Extreme under the premise that it would contain industry researched and tested ingredients that, when combined together, should optimize conditions in the body for natural testosterone production.
It’s billed as three supplements in one.
Unique Multi-Purpose 3-in-1 Formula
The value proposition of the P6 Extreme product is around the formula which claims to do three distinct things:
- Boost natural testosterone levels, so you get all the lean muscle mass building, strength, stamina, increased metabolism and libido benefits of extra testosterone that is produced by your body rather than from injections from an external source.
- Inhibit estrogen formation. As opposed to natural testosterone boosting, one of the downsides to injecting excessive amounts of straight testosterone that some body builders do is that it makes the body feel like it has to balance out the overload of testosterone with the opposite hormone called estrogen. Too much estrogen can cause things like female looking breasts called “bitch tits” in the body building world.
- Reduce DHT conversion. Too much DHT can be a factor for things like male pattern baldness, acne, oily skin, etc.
P6 Extreme Ingredients
Understanding and noting the ingredients of a testosterone booster or any muscle building supplement is the very foundation of which the product is built on.
Pros: What We Liked
One of the most common issues that will cause a product to get a lower review rating is when a supplement only contains one ingredient.
What we have found is that typically one-ingredient products (one trick ponies) are not as effective and powerful as products that include multiple ingredients that work in concert with each other in a much more powerful, strategic, and effective way.
On the positive side of things, you can see by the ingredients label that P6 has over 9 different ingredients. But the question is, are those ingredients proven to boost testosterone?
Cons: What We Didn’t Like
Obviously ingredients are the determining factor of whether a product can really produce results are not.
You have to be aware of 3 things when analyzing the ingredients:
- Are the ingredients studied and proven to actually boost your natural testosterone?
- Do you know the dosage levels of each of the ingredients you’re getting in the product?
- Does the product use the term “Blend” to describe the ingredients?
This is where we have some issues with P6.
As stated in the Pros, the good news is that P6 uses a good variety of different ingredients that have claims to boost natural testosterone.
However, there was not one ingredient in their formulation that was part of the 15 scientifically proven ingredients list.
More bad news - whenever a product has the term “blend”, you don’t know how much of any ingredient within the blend you’re actually getting.
Individual ingredient dosages matter, and they matter A LOT.
In the case of P6, we have no idea how much of those ingredients you’re getting so there’s no way to know how effective the product is even if those ingredients were known and proven testosterone boosting ingredients - which they're not.
It’s very common in the supplement industry to name the popular ingredients and not give dosages. It’s typically a way a company can market good ingredients but save money by not offering dosages that are high enough to actually produce the desired effect. I can’t say whether or not that is the case with P6, but it is a common practice nonetheless and one that you should be aware of.
The other question you have to ask yourself is why would you want to ingest anything without knowing exactly how much of any ingredient you’re ingesting?
No known proven testosterone boosting ingredients + no individual dosage levels with the “P6 Extreme Blend” are two huge drawbacks to this product.
Does P6 Extreme Work?
If the definition of a successful product working is that it will actually boost your testosterone levels, then it's difficult to see how this product will work. Where are the known and proven testosterone boosting ingredients?
The recipe for success is pretty straight forward. Have a minimum of 5 known test boosting ingredients with powerful and effective dosage levels to go along with them. That's it.
And P6 Extreme doesn't appear to meet these simple, yet straightforward guidelines.
Cellucor P6 Extreme Review Verdict
Verdict: Below average testosterone booster
- Unfortunately, we did not see proven testosterone boosting ingredients
- We did not see individual ingredient dosages listed in their proprietary blend
- They took the time to combine a large number of ingredients that they claimed should boost testosterone, but left the customer with no idea how much of each of those ingredients they’re actually getting
- The lack of known ingredients + proprietary blend with no dosage levels for the individual ingredients are the biggest achilles heal for this product.
- It's difficult to find the test boosting value of this product, frankly. It's also difficult to justify the cost for it if it's not going to accomplish the goal - boosting testosterone.It’s about a $100 for the 180-capsule supply, and Cellucor recommends that you take 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the evening, thus making the 180-capsules last for about a month and a half. This works out to roughly $67 per month, so it’s not the cheapest, but definitely not the most expensive either. Then again, even $10 would be too much if the product isn't going to actually boost testosterone.
- There are other testosterone boosters that we have reviewed which are much better, and that include proven test boosting ingredients with all the potent dosages listed. However, if you just have your heart set on P6 Extreme for whatever reason, you can purchase it on Amazon.
Check Out Our Top 3 Testosterone Boosters Of The Year
Check out the BEST OVERALL T-BOOSTER especially for men 35+ years & up
Check out the BEST TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER for muscle builders & weight lifters
Check out the BEST TEST BOOSTER when you're on a tight budget